NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- College Sports
ROUNDUP: Borden nips Henryville in 18-hole match at Covered Bridge
New Albany’s Kanii outlasts Hollkamp in singles sectional final
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: May 21, 2013
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 12-4 home victory over Pittsburgh on Friday, seven innings pitched, three runs allowed (all earned), three hits, seven strikeouts, three walks; notes: Thompson became the sixth pitcher in U of L history to earn 10 or more victories in a season on Friday; he is one win away from tying the school record for most victories in a season; Friday’s win clinched the Cardinals a share of the Big East Conference championship; they claimed the outright conference title on Saturday with a 7-4 home triumph over the Panthers; team records: 46-10 overall, 20-4 Big East; Thompson’s record: 10-1.
COLLEGE SOFTBALL: Newell’s no-hitter ends Grenadiers’ season
IU Southeast falls to Bethel in NAIA Opening Round, 1-0
H.S. BOYS' BASKETBALL: New FC hoops coach brings strong resume
Lieberman approved as Highlanders’ boss on Monday
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: May 14, 2013
U of L's Thompson throws eight shutout innings in 6-0 win at UConn
COLLEGE SOFTBALL: No. 25 Grenadiers fall to No. 14 Olivet Nazarene in NAIA Opening Round
IU Southeast faces Bethel today
SPORTS IN BRIEF: May 14, 2013
Providence football looking for assistant coach
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: May 7, 2013
Wilson, Jones share Athlete of the Week honors
COLLEGE SOFTBALL: Grenadiers bash Berea 10-2 for KIAC title
IUS on to national tourney after second straight league crown
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: April 30, 2013
Batliner has another productive week for IUS softball
- More College Sports Headlines
- ROUNDUP: Borden nips Henryville in 18-hole match at Covered Bridge