NEWS AND TRIBUNE
NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.