Shelter offers $5 adoption
The J.B. Ogle Animal Shelter, 1201 Wilinger Lane in Jeffersonville, is offering a $5 adoption special on all adult cats through the month of December to anyone who donates five items off the shelter’s wish list.
Items on the list include: canned cat food, 55-gallon garbage bags, garden hoses, heating pads, kitten/puppy formula, blankets/towels, dog/cat toys, floor Squeegies, paper towels, Dawn dish soap and baby nasal aspirators.
For more information, call the shelter at 812-282-0071. For other shelter news or to see adoptable animals, look for the shelter on Facebook or visit cityofjeff.net
Sollee to play Carnegie Center
One of the area’s most popular musicians, Ben Sollee, a singer, songwriter and cellist, will play a concert at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Carnegie Center for Art and History in New Albany,
The University of Louisville graduate and Lexington resident is known for being a cellist that dips into a variety of musical genres, including folk, bluegrass, jazz and rhythm and blues, according to his website.
Tickets for the Carnegie Center show are on sale for $30 and seating is limited. Call 812-944-7336 to reserve tickets. Ticket reservations are only confirmed after payment in full. Acceptable forms of payment include check, cash and credit card.
Doors to the show will open at 6 p.m. and complimentary refreshments will be served.
For more information about Sollee, visit bensollee.com.
For more information on the Carnegie Center, its exhibits, events and classes visit carnegiecenter.org
NARFE group meeting this week
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association Chapter 1777 will hold its annual Christmas meeting at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Tucker’s American Favorites, 2141 State Street, New Albany.
Don Savidge will be featured on the keyboard. Food is ordered from the menu and no reservations are necessary. For more information call 812-945-6872.
Luncheon to celebrate Hoehn’s 97th
A luncheon to celebrate Elmer Hoehn’s 97th birthday will be held at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Holiday Inn in Clarksville.
If you plan to attend, RSVP by today by calling 812-282-2679 or 812-282-2468.
Library hosting author night
The Charlestown Clark County Public Library is sponsoring a local author night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the library, 51 Clark Road, Charlestown.
Young adult author Julie Kagawa will be among the guests. She is the author of the “Iron Fey” and “Blood of Eden” series. She is joining an array of other authors who will talk about their works and their lives as writers.
The program is free and open to the public. For more information call 812-256-3337.
- Recent Local News
- Officials, kids break ground on downtown bridge
- 5k race scheduled for Independence Day
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For June 19
- Dedicated direction: GCCS hires athletic directors, drops teaching portion of job
- CRIME BRIEFS: Alleged burglar nabbed, meth found in car with kids
- OUT OF THE BOX: NAHS students to perform for Public Art Walk
- Man found guilty of murdering children in his home
- Court lets walkout fines against House Democrats stand
- Double-murder defendant takes witness stand against advice of counsel
- Three more redevelopment projects OK’d in Jeffersonville
- Making the most of a second chance: Lung-transplant recipient reaches 6-year milestone; advocates for organ donation
- NAHS Hall to induct 12 new members
- Website ranks New Albany as 10th cheapest city
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For June 18
- Another river clean up for the Ohio River
- More Recent Local News Headlines