JEFFERSONVILLE — Parkview Middle School eighth-graders Gabrielle Yowell, left, and Josh Waddell participate in a mock presidential debate Thursday. Five members of the advanced social studies class studied debate topics such as gun control, same sex marriage, and taxes for three weeks in preparation.
- Recent Local News
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For June 18
- Another river clean up for the Ohio River
- Pence sets agency priorities
- CRIME BRIEFS: Report: Woman attacks neighbor, bites officer
- WILD WINDS: Storm knocks down limbs in Jeffersonville
- Julius announces bid for Jeffersonville mayor in 2015
- Weisheit to take stand today
- Indiana woman condemned for killing at 15 is freed
IUS mourns professor’s death
Whether he was in or out of the classroom with them, his students said they almost always learned something from him, regardless of the setting.
Tom Kotulak, an associate professor of political science at Indiana University Southeast, died on Tuesday, June 11, following a heart attack.
- Final arguments in murder trial may come Tuesday
- Committee holds first meeting to consolidate 911 in Clark County
- Coffey backs financial support for fire museum
- Prison sentence of 12-year-old prompts new sentencing law
- Soccer passions lead to new designs
- CLEAN SWEEP: River sweep brings out hundreds in Floyd and Clark Counties
- More Recent Local News Headlines