Indiana and Kentucky on Friday issued a Request for Proposals for toll integration oversight services for the Ohio River Bridges Project. The two states also released a preliminary schedule for procuring the tolling services, according to a news release issued late Friday afternoon.
The states will use a phased approach in the coming year to select companies to provide three elements of the toll integration system. First, the states will select a company to design the roadside and back-office computer systems that will facilitate toll collection. Next, an electronic toll collection company will be selected to provide the hardware necessary to implement tolling. Finally, an operations firm will be selected to run the system and collect tolls when the bridges are open to traffic.
The oversight and advisory firm selected through the RFP issued Friday will assist in selection of the toll integrator and oversee all aspects of toll integration, the release says. Officials have yet to set a cost for tolls.
The bridges project includes three Ohio River bridges — the east-end crossing, a new bridge to carry northbound Interstate 65 bridge and a revamped Kennedy Bridge to carry southbound I-65 in downtown Louisville, as well as a redesign of Spaghetti Junction in downtown Louisville
Responses to the oversight RFP are due March 28. Companies interested in providing toll advisory and oversight services are encouraged to visit the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s e-procurement website at https://emars.ky.gov/online/vss/AltSelfService, or contact Laura Stephens at Laura.Stephens@ky.gov
Companies interested in providing toll integration and operation services are encouraged to visit the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet’s construction procurement website athttp://transportation.ky.gov/Construction-Procurement/Pages/default.aspx, or contact Ryan Griffith at Ryan.Griffith@ky.gov
Information about the Bridges Project is at http://www.kyinbridges.com
There will be three stages of the tolling-integration process
- Recent Local News
DDP’s ‘Yor’re Only Young Twice’ provides comic relief
“You're Only Young Twice” runs through June 30. For tickets and information: 812-288-8281, toll free 877-898-8577, or www.derbydinner.com.
- Clark Commissioners move Airport Road forward
- New Albany councilwoman subject of conflict-of-interest review
- RiverStage set to launch
- Planet Fitness employees honored for saving man
- IU Southeast hires new vice chancellors
- MAKING A SPLASH
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For May 24
- Historic homes move to start Wednesday
- Booth Brothers to perform at Silver Heights
- Meeting to cover bike and pedestrian plans
- Child worker charged with sex with boy, 14
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Oklahoma tornado took town’s youngest as it swept through
- Storm-weary residents return to their homes
- More Recent Local News Headlines
- DDP’s ‘Yor’re Only Young Twice’ provides comic relief