... to local business owner Roger Baylor for promoting the “buy local” idea. Supporting our local farmers and merchants is good for everyone in this area.
— Joseph Moore, Edwardsville
... to Angel Jackson, of Utica, who was instrumental in the production of the Clark County Casting and Conservation Club’s gun-safety seminar held Feb. 9.
Jackson is a member of the CCCC Club Ladies Auxiliary and did a tremendous amount of work putting the program together that provided gun-safety tips to the nearly 125 people who attended the hour-long seminar.
I could not have been able to put this together without her.
— Tony Johnson, CCCC Club member
... To the city of New Albany [Jeff Gahan and City Council] for not helping the Vintage Fire Museum obtain funding to remain in New Albany.
They can find money to buy buildings to tear down to make a park [Pearl and Spring streets]. The fire museum would be a draw to get people to visit New Albany and possibly generate some revenue for us. But, like anything worth having, we let neighboring communities have it. I really wish you could come up with a way to keep the museum in our community.
— Vicky Habermel, New Albany
— Do you have someone or something to cheer or jeer? Submissions should be sent to Editor Shea Van Hoy at email@example.com or by mail at 221 Spring St., Jeffersonville, IN, 47130.
- DODD: Graduating? Take my advice
- CHEERS AND JEERS — For May 25-26
- LETTER: Oklahomans need our help
- STAWAR: The lawns of summer
- NASH: The roads we must travel
- MAY: Simply remembering
- THEIR VIEW: Opinions from other newspapers for May 23
- ANDERSON: The Health Care Reform Act: Some facts to ponder
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE LETTERS — For May 22
- BEAM: Lama, lama, tries to teach mama
- More Opinions Headlines