NEW ALBANY — New Albany Fire Department firefighters packed up after responding to a house fire at 99 Galt St. at about 6:12 p.m. on Thursday. The house was vacant and the cause of the fire is under investigation. The NAFD responded to another fire at the same address several weeks ago involving an out building at the back of the property.
- Police & Fire News
POLICE: New Albany mother killed two children, then herself
New Albany Police Chief Sherri Knight said severe mental illness is what led to New Albany resident Jaime Clutter to drown her two children, then herself, in Falling Run Creek on March 13. The bodies were found where the creek runs through Binford Park.
Shoplifting call turns to high-speed chase in Clarksville
A Louisville woman found shoplifting at Walmart along Veteran’s Parkway sent police on a high-speed pursuit before she was taken into custody Tuesday, officials reported.
Clarksville Police respond to domestic dispute
An argument between two residents of a Clarksville home Tuesday resulted in a man being jailed on battery charges.
Morning Fire Damages Home
A fire broke out around 9 a.m. Thursday at 912 E. Market St. in New Albany. The fire was quickly under control and there were no injuries.
STAFF PHOTO BY CHRIS MORRIS
- Shuler pleads not guilty to murder; bail denied
- Police: Woman murdered man during sexual role play
- Clark County site of capital murder trial for Vanderburgh County
- Alleged Facebook predator charged
- Man injured after driving off I-65
- 3 P.M. UPDATE: William Clyde Gibson’s defense granted continuance
- More Police & Fire News Headlines
- POLICE: New Albany mother killed two children, then herself