>>H.S. GIRLS’ BASKETBALL
C’town Texas Roadhouse benefit dinner
The Charlestown High School girls’ basketball program will hold its third annual Lady Pirate Texas Roadhouse Dinner on Friday, Sept. 14. The dinner will happen just before the homecoming football game versus Silver Creek. From 5-7 p.m., the Pirate girls’ team will host a Texas Roadhouse steak dinner that includes a ribeye steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, dessert and a drink. Kids’ meals, featuring a hot dog, chips, dessert, and drink also will be available.
Steak dinners are $10, while kids’ meals are $5. The meals can be eaten in the Charlestown High School cafeteria or by carry out.
Advanced ticket sales are encouraged, by contacting any Pirate girls’ basketball player, player parent or coach.
For more information, contact Charlestown girls’ coach Sam Terrell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds for this event will support the Charlestown girls’ basketball program.
C’town cheerleaders selling T-shirts
The Charlestown High School cheerleading squad is taking orders for black T-shirts that have a florescent Pirate design on the front, promoting a “Light
‘em Up Pirates!” slogan for this year’s Football Homecoming, scheduled for next week.
All T-shirts are $10 each and can be ordered by sending an email to Charlestown cheerleading coach Callita Gullion at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Pacesetter Aquatics sign-ups, practice
Pacesetter Aquatics swim club is preparing for its upcoming winter season. The following is the club’s schedule for upcoming sign-ups and a practice:
• Saturday, Sept. 8: registration for returning Pace swimmers, 10-11 a.m., Jeffersonville High School Natatorium.
• Monday, Sept. 10: practice for returning Pace swimmers, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Jeff High Natatorium.
• Wednesday, Sept. 12: registration for new Pace swimmers, 6-7 p.m., Jeff High Natatorium.
• Saturday, Sept. 15: registration for new Pace swimmers, 10-11 a.m., Jeff High Natatorium.
For more information, contact Jeff High swim coach Keith Gast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>H.S. GIRLS’ BASKETBALL
CLASS 4A, JEFF SECTIONAL: Highlanders, Stars to meet in semfinals
FC blows out Seymour , 16-3; Red Devils blow one-run lead in seventh to lose to BNL, 6-3
CLASS A LANESVILLE SECTIONAL: Morris leads New Wash past Borden
Mustangs will face Lanesville in tonight’s championship
CLASS 2A EASTERN SECTIONAL: Providence advances to face Paoli
Pioneers let lead slip away, win it in ninth; Clarksville falls to Rams, 13-3
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: May 21, 2013
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 12-4 home victory over Pittsburgh on Friday, seven innings pitched, three runs allowed (all earned), three hits, seven strikeouts, three walks; notes: Thompson became the sixth pitcher in U of L history to earn 10 or more victories in a season on Friday; he is one win away from tying the school record for most victories in a season; Friday’s win clinched the Cardinals a share of the Big East Conference championship; they claimed the outright conference title on Saturday with a 7-4 home triumph over the Panthers; team records: 46-10 overall, 20-4 Big East; Thompson’s record: 10-1.
HUNTER: In one household
Schroeders have combined 505 wins, 17 conference titles, 10 sectional championships and one regional crown
H.S. BASEBALL: Bulldogs beat Providence to win Sajko Invitational
New Albany’s 8-5 win gives Bulldogs 10th consecutive title
H.S. BOYS' GOLF: Hornets, Highlanders take conference crowns
Davidson, three Borden players earn All-SAC honors
H.S. SOFTBALL: Pursuit of sectional championships begin tonight
Jeff, Charlestown and Providence are Greg’s picks to win titles
H.S. ROUNDUP: No. 1 Floyd goes 1-1, Jeff loses pair of one-run games
Pirates fall short in Charlestown Softball Invitational
INDY 500: Hometown Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
Rookie Munoz, Andretti fill out front row
- More Sports Headlines
- CLASS 4A, JEFF SECTIONAL: Highlanders, Stars to meet in semfinals