NEW ALBANY — The former Emery's Ice Cream Shop building was moved Monday morning from a storage location to its permanent location on the corner of Eighth Street and Culbertson Avenue in New Albany. The building will be used as a sustainable living techniques classroom and kitchen in the planned Urban Fusion Community Garden. The building was moved by Indiana Landmarks.
Greenville firemen simulate putting out a fire in a chemical spill accident in an exercise at Floyd Central High School on Friday. The Floyd County Emergency Managment Agency evaluated local emergency services on their response effectiveness.
Emergency officials stage bus wreck, gas spill at FCHS
A school bus had turned over after being struck by a gas tanker, and as the truck leaked chemicals, emergency crews rushed in to try and rescue the kids who were trapped inside.
Thankfully Friday’s crash scene was only a simulation, but for Floyd County emergency officials, it was an important test to prepare them for a real life scenario.
- Emergency officials stage bus wreck, gas spill at FCHS
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
H.S. BASEBALL: New Albany, Providence to square off in Sajko title game
Start time moved up to 1:30 due to threat of rainContinued ...
- GIRLS' TENNIS SECTIONALS: Jeff gets by game Generals 3-2 for title
- LOPRESTI: Hill injury makes Pacers vulnerable — even at home
- H.S. ROUNDUP: Red Devils beat East on Senior Night
- H.S. BASEBALL: New Albany, Providence to square off in Sajko title game
- LOCAL OPINIONS
DODD: Checking out the job prospects
As Kim and I prepare to watch Cameron graduate from high school, I am more confused than ever as to what educational paths I would suggest to young people.Continued ...
- CHEERS AND JEERS: May 18-19, 2013
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: May 18-19, 2013
- STAWAR: We’re all losers
- DODD: Checking out the job prospects
- LOCAL FEATURES